The bok choy salad was good last night. I have to say, I do feel really good today, so maybe Roberta is right when she says that dark leafy greens will make you feel noticeably better. I went to 2 classes at the gym this morning: core strengthening and yoga. The core class was taught by a woman who is well known for her hard workouts. After I took her class last week, I couldn't move for a few days. Today I did okay - I was more in touch with my body during the classes and I feel great now.


Laurie G's Famous Bok Choy Salad

The Greens:
Dice up one head of bok choy and 2/3rds bunch of scallions

The Crunchies:
Heat up some canola oil and butter in a frying pan and cook until slightly browned:
Crushed up bag of ramen noodles (throw away the seasoning packet-easiest to crush it while it's still in the bag)
Sliced Almonds (a bunch)

The Dressing:
1/4 cup Canola oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar (we use rice vinegar or red wine vinegar)
6 teaspoons sugar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!