It's still winter


It's cold here. But even in the chill, we still stop to admire the sunsets. This was taken at the library late yesterday afternoon.


'H' likes to wear the hat that Grandma Shelly made for 'A'. She even has a name for it, but I can't remember it right now.


Yesterday my neighbor Kathy, a kindergarten teacher, came to speak at our MOMS Club meeting about raising a reader. She had a lot of good things to say about making reading enjoyable and relevant, and teaching children that reading extends beyond books. She showed us several homemade books that she had made with her daughter. Just this afternoon, I thought of her book display when 'A' told 'H' that she was going to make a book out of all of their drawings from today. We're going to put all of the drawings together and watch the book emerge!


I caught a little stomach bug yesterday. Thank goodness it manifested itself after the girls went to bed and was gone by the time they woke up. I tried my Kool-aid trick right at the beginning to try to stave it off, but it didn't work. Maybe though, the Kool-aid is what kept it from getting worse. What does it say about Kool-aid that I only use it to get the hard water stains out of the dishwasher and as medicine when we get sick? Pretty funky stuff.

Anyway, I'm better now, just a little energy deficient.


Jeff picked up the most heavenly head of bok choy on Sunday and I just had to photograph it. Chris and Sue came over with their boys to watch the Superbowl. Sue made her famous wings, I made quesadillas, and we all scarfed down the bok choy salad because we needed something green to eat! Oh, and I DID make cookies for the Superbowl party, but only because I wanted to have something sweet to serve, not because I needed to make and eat them to heal my car-shopping emotions. Well, that's what I tell myself.

Speaking of the car, Jeff is still trying to make a decision about what to do. It takes time.


These boys are the closest thing to brothers that 'A' and 'H' will ever have.

Take a look at the photo below. Does it make you short of breath too? After Jeff cleaned up the kitchen Friday night I came down to see this scene in the dish rack. It's our heavy pizza stone right next to our delicate Riedels! I just had to take a photo.


Have a great night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!