rainy days


These rainy days make me so sleepy! I could curl up anywhere and take a nap. Today we went to our local children's museum to play. Apparently it was a popular destination because the entire world was there!


Sunflower seeds are sprouting, Jeff is making homemade lotion, I had my last Healthy Children, Healthy Planet class tonight, complete with delicious potluck dinner, 'A' drew some lovely pictures for me while I was at class, and 'H' stayed up to catch my goodnight kiss tonight after I got home. I am full of love and wonderful yummy feelings. I love my family.


We got a new book from the library: Sky Tree: Seeing Science Through Art, by Thomas Locker. It's a great book. We read it outside this afternoon, after the rain dried up and it was finally warm. Every page shows the same tree on a hill with a river in the background. Each page talks about a new phase of a season and shows the tree in that phase: with full leaves in summer, orange in autumn, bare and snowy in winter.... it's wonderful, a delight for all ages. Check it out.


Magic. That's what life is.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!