saturday!


We had our usual Saturday... slow to wake, off to the Farmer's Market, then home for some rolling around.


While 'H' napped, I suggested that Jeff, 'A' and I lay down and rest too. I had hoped that my rest time would look like this (above....)


and while Jeff and 'A' spent some time swinging in the hammock, I kept trying to lay down to read but found I had to fend off Grace (or keep petting her, depending on how you look at it).


The tomatoes are happy and I put the peppers in today - 5 different kinds. The sunflowers are poking through the soil and all looks good out in our little garden.


At the market today we got more broccoli rabe, more bok choy and my favorite, garlic scapes.


Dinner tonight was pizza with tomato sauce, sauteed garlic scapes, sauteed mushrooms and wilted broccoli rabe, decorated with the fresh rabe flowers.


The half-moon is out ("Where's other half?" asked 'H' today).


The baby birds are growing their flying feathers. They're getting ready to fledge.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!