Father's Day


Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day for us was supposed to go like this:

Let Jeff sleep late while the girls and I quietly make waffles and tofu scramble; have breakfast ready and waiting for him when he finally awoke, refreshed and bright-eyed... yadda yadda yadda.

What actually happened was that both girls woke up at the crack of dawn, I swear, and I tried really hard to keep them quiet but for some reason it just didn't happen, and I tried really hard to make the waffles but since Jeff is the one who usually makes them in our house, I didn't know what I was doing... you can imagine the rest. Soon enough he was out of bed, making his own special waffles and stirring the tofu scramble. At least he has a good attitude about it.


His gifts were sweet and simple except for the massage package. His back (his herniated disk, to be precise) is giving him a lot of trouble and he's been talking about needing a massage for a while. I got him 2 one-hour sessions and the first one was booked for today. We dropped him off after a nice church service (it was a celebration of the summer solstice, something the Unitarian Universalists do well). Then the girls and I stayed out of the rain by going to have lunch at the grocery store. I know it doesn't sound very glamourous, but the grocery store is my favorite place to take the girls for lunch because I buy a container of hummus and crackers, some sliced fruit, and a few seaweed salad sushi rolls for me and 'H'. Everyone's happy and it fits our budget quite well. (and I love hearing, "More shuushi peaze Mommy.")

When we picked Jeff up, he was not only rested and happy, but excited because at the spa he was given a certificate for another massage, a gift from his parents. I had hinted to him that I told them to get him shirts for Father's Day, so he had no idea that another massage package was waiting for him.


Oh, and we also hit the playground today. Fun for all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!