Painted Fingernails


The girls were up with the birds this morning and as a result, so was I. It was all good though and I don't mind it because they are so cute and so little. Someday I'll be up with the birds waiting for them to come home, and then I won't think it's so cute any more...

I broke my promise to myself and I bought more leafy greens at the farmer's market - beet greens (and beets) and broccoli rabe. I'm planning to do a rice and bean dish with the beet greens and a pasta dish with the broccoli rabe this week.

Jeff went out and got a black plastic composter today and he'll set it up tomorrow. Woohoo, we can start composting! Our garbage will really shrink now - I would say one half of it is food scraps and now that we're not using animal products in the kitchen, we can compost just about all we have.

'A' asked to have her nails painted (who ever would have guessed this day would come? Not me!). After, we joined friends for dinner and stayed way past bedtime and had a wonderful time. On the way home we marveled at the full, orange moon. Night, night, sleep tight.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!