Today was a GREAT parent-child day


Today was wonderful. 'A' has been going through one of her "things" lately. Every time she's ready to hit a new developmental level, she gets super whiny and really out of sorts for a week or so beforehand. We've come to recognize it, and it makes the whining a lot easier to understand. This past week has been whine, whine, whine from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed, with a hefty dose of independent bossiness & sassiness thrown in. Whatever. She doesn't scare me.

Today she woke up a new person. She was much better at communicating - speaking, listening and thinking. She let me put braids in her hair to keep it out of her eyes (this is major!); she asked me if she could talk to the woman at the store who was wearing a shirt she liked, and when she spoke to the woman, she looked into her eyes and gave her compliment clearly and loudly; she wanted to go in the bouncy house at the preschool picnic even though she wanted to get out almost immediately after going in (see the post-bouncy house photo below).

She did a lot of things today and everything was just wonderful. She was wonderful. We were wonderful.


We spent the afternoon playing in the pool and the sprinkler. We all got to enjoy a glass of lemonade too - my special summer afternoon treat.

Hope you had a great day too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!