Flowers


I took this one while I was out yesterday. It's my all-time favorite intersection. In the whole world. Why? Take a look at the gardens in the background. They're on both sides of the street and they are breathtaking. Every time I drive into Saratoga Springs in the summer, there they are, waiting for me. I love them.


I wish I could describe this feeling I have tonight - it's happy, but not happiness. It's fulfillment, but without anything specific that's been fulfilled. It's a feeling of being solid and steady, without seeing what might try to knock me down. I guess it's a feeling of peace with the moment. Just being.


Ever since I started to consciously simplify my life, I've noticed that I don't get "stressed out" as much as I used to. At this point, it takes a lot to get me rattled.


The garden is growing. So are my petunias in the hanging baskets. Keeping on top of them is a full time job, and if I skip a day of deadheading, they get all leggy and sticky. This is the last year I'm growing petunias! The LAST!


It's off to bed for me, for the second time today (I napped). Night, night.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!