Weekend Time


Church today. It seems that every time I go, I get more involved. It's a good thing I guess, and the way it should be. Today the minister spoke about being our own worst critic and something she said really stuck with me - that children are here to grow into who they are, not to fill in the gaps in their parent's self-esteem.


We're busy getting ready for 'R', the little girl who will be coming to our home tomorrow as part of the Fresh Air Fund program. We're setting up her bed, getting her towel ready, plugging in a nightlight in the bathroom, and setting out her own sketchbook and markers so she can color while she's here... looking at the forecast, planning some activities (library, Howe Caverns, blueberry picking, Lake George, carousel and sorbet, backyard playtime, and more are on our list). We're looking forward to getting to know her and having her settle in.


S'mores last night, popsicles tonight... the summertime treats never end. It's a cool, sweet summer at our house this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!