Partied out!


What a great, if not hangover-filled, weekend. Yesterday we were happy to have a few friends came over after an afternoon at the horse track, and we had a wonderful time over dinner and s'mores. (Jeff went to the track with them and I had intended to go too, but spent the afternoon napping instead to try to get rid of this mystery illness I have were my joints are sensitive and I'm drop dead tired - but that's another story. I went for a Lyme test and am hoping it comes out negative). The kids had fun too and played great together. I drank a lot of wine and ate a lot of food and laughed a lot. Laughing is something that happens quite a bit with this mix of friends and I always welcome it and keep those warm, fuzzy feelings close to my heart after we part.

Today we took yet another trip to the blueberry patch (we're addicted!). After lunch I excused myself from cleaning up the kitchen and instead sat outside and read Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv while 'A' played in the sandbox. And tonight we went to a friend's Trash the Track party and had a great time. Time for bed! For a long time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!