A short visit to my sister's home


We took a trip to my sister's home, a trip that was supposed to last a couple of days. But 'H' has a cold and is possibly on her way to an ear infection and she was not in the best mood while we were there, so I cut it short. We all went to the country club for a swim in the pool, read stories, played, and went to the aquarium together before saying good-bye. We took in an IMAX "Deep Sea" movie and as expected, it was a great experience.


Today I took the girls to a "preschool naturalists" group at the state park and we caught bugs and made bug masks. The weather is delightful and it's a wonderful day to be outdoors.


We've got more outdoor excitement lined up - in 2 weeks we'll be visiting my other sister, who raises honey bees. She's going to show us what the hive and the honey comb look like and tell us all about how honey is made. We're going to spend the night and take a trip to Old Sturbridge Village the next day. I'm excited! I can tell a trip to the library to check out books on honey bees and the "olden days" is right around the corner.

Tomorrow though, you'll find us at the blueberry patch, getting in one last good pick before the season winds down.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!