It seems that we've been doing so many fun things lately and I'm taking and posting a lot of photos. I started this blog at the beginning of 2008 in response to Photojojo's challenge to take a photo a day for a year as a way of expanding my photography "talents". I'm so happy I still do it and post it all here. It's a wonderful way for me to record our daily life. I'm not much of a sentimentalist and I don't do a very good job of keeping up with the baby books or scrapbooks, and this blog sort of fills in the blanks for me. It also helps me to keep my eye on the prize - daily life with small children can get away from me sometimes, because there are stretches where one day is exactly the same as the next. There are also stretches where I'm not fond of my full time mothering job, and this blog helps me to remember that all stages and phases are temporary, and if I just sit tight, my little ship will return to its safe harbor before long.


That said, here is another set of photos from today.


Jeff had a close encounter with two coyotes in the woods behind our house the other day. They don't bother people or children very much but they do eat cats. I'm at a cross in the road. Grace loves to go outside and would suffer terribly if she had to stay indoors. But if she were to be attacked and killed by one, she would suffer terribly at that point. What to do?

Fall is coming and she's getting pretty good at catching a mouse every day or so. Now when I see her with a live mouse dangling in her mouth, I warn her about karma. Do you really want to kill that mouse, Grace? Do you?


In our farm share today:
Tomatoes, Zucchini, Beets, Lettuce, Kale, Garlic, Edamame, Eggplant, Sweet Corn, and Sweet Peppers


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!