'A' just informed me that I've spent a lot of time at home with her and 'H' and now it's my turn to go to work and Jeff's turn to stay home with them. I bet if he stayed home the house would look like this more often:


Today is sewing day. 'A' wants to be a princess for Halloween and I'm making her a very cute dress to wear. I sat down to start putting it together today and while I worked, the girls worked on their own sewing and cutting projects. 'A' suggested to 'H' that she make a mobile for Aunt Emily's baby (Emily isn't pregnant and probably won't be for a while, but hey, why not plan ahead?), so 'H' got to work on cutting up the paper pieces.

I started the morning with two very grown up girls and I am so proud of them! I heard 'A' get out of bed this morning but didn't see her for a bit. She came downstairs completely dressed in a shirt and skirt and tights that all kind of matched - same color scheme, if not the same pattern. She took it upon herself to get up and get dressed for the day. We sat down to breakfast and in the middle of eating, 'H' got down from her chair (her big kid chair - we got rid of her booster seat over the weekend) and said, "I be right back." A minute later she was in the bathroom, taking care of business all by herself. I was so proud! My approach to potty training her is pretty much "hands off." She has enough role models around, and when she's ready, she'll figure out how it all works.

Today's events are a reminder that my girls are so old and so young all at the same time. I guess that's true of all of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!