local eating. slow food. authentic food.


At this point in time, I'm more committed to eating locally and eating purposefully than ever before. I've been building up to this point. I still have so much to learn about the food that's grown close to me, but it feels good, and it feels right. When I get my weekly CSA share, I have no idea what will be in it, but I do know that everything I get is "in-season," local, organic food. When I go to the farmer's market, I have no idea what I'll find and I look forward to being delighted. I recognize that this feeling of newness and discovery won't last forever, and I'm savoring it. I savor the surprise of finding out what is in season each week. This feeling won't last long. Years from now, I'll be more familiar with the farming seasons of this part of New York, and I'll know what to expect each week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!