Today is probably one of our last 60 degree days this year. I'm still savoring it... this afternoon the girls enjoyed popsicles and water play outside before coming in (soaking wet) to cut up some puzzles from the empty popsicle box. We've got Lucinda Williams on the radio and Indian food in the works for dinner. Life couldn't be better.


'H' slept in her all-grown-up bed last night for the first time (thank you Grandma and Grandpa again!) and she loves it. She's such a big girl in some ways. And best of all - I don't want to say this too loudly or too proudly because I don't want to jinx it - she's sleeping all night long now. What, you say, she didn't learn to sleep through the night after the infant stage? Sadly, no. This is a child who wakes 2, sometimes 3 times every night. We never let her "self soothe" (a fancy phrase for letting her cry) because she just can't get there on her own. I figured she would eventually start sleeping all night at some point, I just didn't know when. Now I think I know when.

So you can see, life is not only good today, it's extra good. I'm sleeping great after four and a half years of "nighttime parenting".


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!