Wow, it's the end of October already? How 'bout that.

Today I'm finishing up 'A's costume (princess dress, to be revealed here tomorrow when it is done) and working on 'H's costume (finally she decided what to be: a S'more!). We have a party to attend tomorrow afternoon where the girls will be wearing their costumes - nothing like waiting until the last minute, eh?


This morning we went to the Round Lake Library (which as you know by now is one of my favorite places to spend time). I had signed 'A' up for the story hour, which is set up as a way for children to hear a story, do a craft, and feel comfortable leaving their parent for an hour. I was told that 'H' was too young to participate, but when we arrived, they let her go with the bigger kids. I stayed downstairs and scoured the shelves for some interesting new children's stories. I was told afterward that 'H' did great up until the point where she cut her craft into a million little pieces (something she enjoys doing at home, so I wasn't surprised), and then cried because she wanted something to take home just like the other kids. Oh well. I tried telling her it's a learning experience and I taught her the word "regret", but it all fell on deaf ears.

Our pellet stove is working out very well and I am loving the heat and warmth that are now a part of our life. Warmth is a good thing, a very good thing. In fact, I think I'll heat up a cup of apple cider and warm my bones by the fire before I resume costume-making.

Warm thoughts to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!