Acorn place cards


The happy creativity bug has hit our home. I'm going with it! My sister is hosting Thanksgiving and I agreed to bring the place cards. I have all these acorns outside, and although I could leave all of them for the squirrels, I just didn't feel like it. I used my hot glue gun to attach the acorns to the piece of cardstock and it magically makes the paper stand up, making a very sturdy place card. Perfect for an autumn table! The best part is, the cardstock was already decorated with these leaves, and I simply used marker to write in our names, and then used yellow, orange, red and brown watercolor paint to give it some color and depth.

Jeff will be very happy when he sees these, because they were simple to make and now they're DONE!

Little does he know, I have a whole list of crafty things to work on in December. He likes the end result, but gets a little stressed out watching my creative process. It can be a little, um, disorganized sometimes. I don't always know where I'm headed, but confident I'll end up with something I'm proud of. Kind of like life, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!