Swimming lessons, Farmer's Market, puzzle-building, Christmas decorating, soup-making, story time, dinner.

Our Saturdays have such a wonderful, comforting rhythm to them.


Today I put up the simplest outdoor Christmas decorations of my adult life. It took about 10 minutes to string lights on six little shrubs and presto!... I was done. I told Jeff that I'm simplifying as much as possible, because some of the things I'm doing this December sure as heck aren't going to be simple. Better find the simplicity where I can.

What won't be simple? My gifts for others. I'm making as much as I can by hand, which is time consuming and labor intensive but very, very satisfying. It means I have to direct my energy away from certain tasks to have enough creativity and drive left to finish my projects. Wish me luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!