I'm back after a few days away from my camera and computer. Jeff's brother Howard came to visit and, as usual when I see family, I didn't spend as much time taking photos or playing with them on the computer as usual. Here are some highlights from the past few days though:


We got our first real snowstorm of the season this week - about 6 inches fell in our neighborhood. We live in a microsystem called "Malta Ridge" and our weather, including rain and snow amounts, is generally different from other neighborhoods. Sometimes we get more, sometimes less. It's a really strange phenomenon, especially for someone like me, who comes from coastal New England where things are pretty predictable.

This is a photo of us with "Snofia" - 'A' named her "Sofia" and Howard wondered aloud if her name could be "Snofia" and we thought it was a wonderful name for our new friend!

The snow is here, and I think I've accepted that it's not going away for quite some time. Welcome to island living, where my home is an island in a sea of snow! We can go out and enjoy the snow, but it can be hard to walk through for my little ones and their little fingers get cold and wet more quickly than I would like. Gone are the lazy afternoons of running around the yard, looking for acorns and pinecones. We're on to different activities now.


Speaking of a different lifestyle, I can tell we're spending our time differently simply because my system of organization isn't working anymore. It changes regularly as my girls get older, and from season to season as our activities change. Right now my house is a mess. Or at least I think it is - Jeff doesn't notice it, or so he says. Things don't have a place right now. The worst part is, I can't get a handle on it. I don't know where to start. I know what I need to do - I need to do a walk-through and take note of everything that is out of place, that doesn't have a home, and then sit down in a comfortable space with my list and visualize some changes. But I feel like I'm doing all I can to just play catch-up.


I'll get there, I will. Right?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!