This is the face of a 4 year old girl who is very proud of herself for lighting the menorah for the very first time.



This is the face of the same girl, concentrating hard at lighting the candles the second night.


It snowed today for a little bit before changing into rain, making everything all icy. I'm in the unique situation of being both energized and exhausted at the same time. My shoulder is killing me for some reason and I can't get much relief. The pain is exhausting. But on the other hand, I'm revved up because I'm back at the gym and feeling good about it, and I'm busy with holiday presents. This year I'm trying hard to make presents that use recycled materials. What fun this is! I can't share them here until after the gifts have been given.


Remember my reluctance to ease into autumn? Winter is just about here and I'm not reluctant at all to embrace the darkness. I'm comfortable with this new change of season, with the change of weather and the new routines we'll have as a result. I'm here. I'm present in this moment.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!