Today is the kind of day where I feel like avoiding reality. I don't feel like doing laundry, or cooking dinner, or going to the gym. I feel like cuddling up on the couch and reading a good book.

That's not going to happen, though, because I am doing laundry and cooking dinner and I'm scheduled to go to the gym soon. I have holiday presents to make and cookies to make for an upcoming cookie exchange. I have invoices to prepare and holiday cards to address and, perhaps most importantly, I have a new Netflix movie to watch tonight - Julie and Julia, which has been sitting in our queue for a while now. Oh, okay, so that last "task" is more fun than not... actually, a number of those tasks are often more fun than not, so something tells me it's ME and not my list of tasks that is the problem today.


In the meantime, today I'm:

Enjoying my new subscription to Mothering Magazine that Jeff got me...

Marveling at my two year old's paintings of people, complete with heads, eyes, mouths and bodies, and thinking that 'A' didn't start drawing people until well past the 3 year old mark, if I recall...

Savoring the smells of the mushrooms, onions, garlic and thyme I'm cooking up for dinner...

Peeking out at the sun setting through the trees...

Feeling excited about what Santa may bring...

Looking forward to giving the girls two Lifesaver storybooks for Hanukkah this week, knowing that Jeff and I will get to eat all of the Butter Rum and mint flavors...

And above all, trying to remember to savor the little things for the rest of today...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!