Back!


I'm back from visiting Dad and Marilyn in Rhode Island. The trip was short but wonderful and I'll tell you about it soon. Right now, I'll tell you that I'm the proud owner of this book, from which I learned about cutting up white pine needles and simmering them in water for 20 minutes to make a pine tea for treating congestion. Pine Needles are also an excellent source of Vitamins C and A. I'm in heaven. The book contains a number of recipes using parts of herbs and trees that grow right in our backyard. All of the recipes come with dosage amounts for children, which is exactly what I want. I love it! Life couldn't get much better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!