Wanting to live in the present moment...


Like everyone, I get scatter-brained or preoccupied with things and I don't focus and live in the moment as much as my mind and body want me to. I often don't notice until something tips me off. Yesterday and today, I went to the grocery store and both times I forgot to bring my reusable grocery bags. That is not like me at all! It's a sign that I'm being forgetful and unfocused instead of living purposefully. And I'll tell you, it's been so long since I've accepted a bag at a store that I felt like criminal when I needed to use them.


Maybe it has to do with our visit to 'H's neurologist today to talk about her passing-out spells. I got no concrete answers, just reassurance that it's probably breath-holding and an appointment for further testing. We'll see what happens.

My sister and her children arrive tonight for a quick visit. A sleep over! We're looking forward to it. Off to finish up the beds....

2 comments:

Pam Says:

I am doing the One Small Change Challenge through Hip Mountain Mama and came across your blog and have been reading it. I absolutely love your photos and after reading your blog entry tonight, I wanted to let you know that. You reminded me to live in the present and so I wanted to share my admiration of your craft. Keep up the good work!
Pam, a fellow mother, photographer, and environmentalist

Mama Jillian Says:

Thank you Pam! I think One Small Change is a great idea, don't you?

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!