One Small Change, month 2


What a wonderful weekend! We took our girls to my sister's home in Connecticut on Saturday and after dropping them off so that they could play, eat dinner, and go to bed, we continued on to Brooklyn. We went there to celebrate an old friend's birthday. Before the party (it was a bowling party, at a hipper-than-you've-ever-seen bowling alley), Jeff and I went to dinner at a Thai restaurant and were reminded how much we miss New York City food. YUM!


On to other business: One Small Change. My small change for February relates to our tissue use. Our noses have been running lately and we have been using a lot of tissues. I don't buy ones made from the recycled paper, I buy the fancy lotion tissues. This cycle has to stop! We're moving to reusable, washable, cloth hankies. Now I have a few things to figure out:

What material will I use? Something soft and absorbent.

Where will we store the fresh ones?

Where will we store the used ones before they hit the washing machine?

How many will I need to make, and how often will they need to be washed?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!