Snow!

She may not technically be a baby anymore, but she's still my baby...


We're getting snow today - not a tremendous amount, but enough to satisfy some part of my winter soul. The girls and I took a trip to the library in Saratoga today and as we drove home, I wondered if we would see any more than a flurry. Then, as we got close to home, there it was, coming down like a winter wonderland, beckoning us to come out and play.


Today I got crafty. I love, love, love making things that serve a practical purpose and fill a need. After the whole realization that 'A's epipen is here to stay, I thought about how nice it would be to have a case to carry it in, along with a few doses of Benadryl. Until now, I've been throwing it all into my purse and hoping I can find it when I need it. Now it finally has a home! I wanted something compact, sturdy and attractive. And here it is...


I figured out the pattern and design myself, since I needed it to carry the epipens and have a separate pocket for the Benadryl single dose packets. It's built to last, a good thing, because I have a feeling I'm going to be carrying it around for a long time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!