Home!


Back from Florida, finding a few photos from the trip to share...


Today is April 1st, so in addition to thinking up a few April Fool's jokes for my kids, I'm thinking about how my One Small Change project for March went. To sum it up, it didn't go well. I still have no idea how to change my bag situation! I did iron together a few pellet stove bags but since the plastic bags smell while I make them, I am thinking that the whole process is a bit toxic and shouldn't be done often. I tried to cut a pellet stove bag into a long strip to knit something from it, but it didn't knit up well.

I asked our farmer, Michael, what to do with all of the produce bags and he didn't know if he could take them back and reuse them. That seems a little gross to give them to someone else. He's thinking of offering bulk greens for sale, in which case I could use my existing bags. But I have SO MANY! Still no answer on what to do with them.

I didn't make bread bags yet. Waiting to find the perfect flour sacks or tea towels in a thrift store.

So that leaves me with nothing for March.

What are we going to do in April? I'm thinking about that today. I plan to head over to the One Small Change site to get some inspiration.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!