Outside time!


Outdoor living has arrived!

After this winter, I have finally realized that the winters here in upstate New York are just the right length for me. Crazy, right? I'm used to a milder Southern New England climate. The winters there aren't as harsh, and spring comes earlier, with more of a bang.

I like the way winter here seems to go on and on, and just when I think it's never going to end, it does. The end of the "dead season" matches my personal tolerance for it perfectly. It ends when I'm ready for it to end.

I love the way that spring comes slowly. The buds start to form on the branches and the bulbs start to pop up, but it happens a little bit every day, not all at once. I'm never taken off guard by it. I'm fully aware that the transformation is taking place. It moves along at a snail's pace, and I look forward to seeing a bit of new growth every day.

And in between those moments, Mother Nature gives us a few surprises, like the nice warm weather of today...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!