Thinking, thinking, thinking


I guess we read about our bodies and good health today... none of us planned to pull this collection of books from the bookshelf for story time. It just kind of worked that way.We each went and got a book to read, then met at the couch. I love it when that happens.

Last night I went to a homeschooling information meeting. I had no idea what to expect. There's no formal, organized homeschooling group in our area. It's more of a loose group of families who have gotten to know each other through the years and keep in touch via a Yahoo message board. It was well worth it for me to attend the meeting. I met some other parents with young children (4-6 years old) and it was just nice to meet some other people who are on a lifestyle path that is similar to mine.

I didn't learn anything new at the meeting, and I don't think I expected to. It was very nice to hear my own thoughts echoed by other parents. I liked that several of the veteran homeschooling parents described homeschooling as a lifestyle that focuses on keeping family members together and on letting their children learn what they want to learn and how they need to learn it at a pace that is right for them.

Even though I didn't learn much that was new, it's still a lot to think about!

Have a wonderful day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!