Where did the week go?


Where does the time go? I'll tell you where some of it goes: keeping up our house. Jeff is still working on the walls in our bedroom, which means we're still living out of suitcases and sleeping in too-small beds. I don't like living in a state of chaos, but I'm hanging in here okay. I know it'll all be worth it in the end.

Today is Jeff's birthday... he's 39 wonderful years young. I made him lasagna by request and cupcakes with too-high piled frosting... as if there is such a thing! I've been using the recipes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and I love them! Moist, sweet and delicious.


In addition to the home-repair chaos in our home, I've created another level of chaos by taking out all of our baby clothing and gear and sorting through it. Some will be given away to friends, some sold at consignment sales, and some will be given to charity. I am washing everything, checking for wear and tear, matching up outfits, ironing bows and cuffs, and lovingly folding and hanging it all up to be used by someone new. It's a huge job, sorting through all of my "stuff." It's emotional for sure. I remember my girls wearing all of those clothes. There are split seconds when I look at the adorable outfits and want another baby to fill them. But that feeling passes as soon as it comes on, thank goodness.

In the meantime, my house is a MESS!


So that is what we've been up to - birthday celebrations and house chaos. Fun times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!