Monday


The girls and I spend Mondays running around. 'H' has gymnastics in the morning, and 'A' has gymnastics in the afternoon. During the stretch of time between classes we sometimes stay for open gym hour, sometimes go to the playground, sometimes stop at the library, and usually we make a pit stop at the grocery store. Today we went to the library to return the books about Antarctica and check out some that address the question, "where do babies come from Mommy?" You wouldn't believe how many books are out there on that topic, and they range from G-rated to R-rated. I went for the G and PG ones.


We spend a lot of time in the car on Mondays, and I'm not crazy about it, but I do like the gymnastics classes and I like going to the gym at the end of the day, so I guess it's all worth it.

Jeff has officially brought me into this current century with the gift of an MP3 player for Mother's Day. It was meant to address my complaint, "I can't stand the music they play at the gym!" I'm looking forward to loading it up. I must be one of that last people my age without one.


I got some other wonderful Mother's Day gifts too... well, they're not exactly for Mother's Day but since they all came to me on that day, I consider them my gifts. One is a *new* computer. I got a virus (or something) on mine last week and it's been hard to use ever since, so Jeff took some time to wipe the slate clean and I have a new operating system and my computer works great! The second present is a finished bedroom. We're moving the remaining furniture back in tonight and I am so excited to sleep in my own room after two months of sleeping in 'H's bed!

It's the basic things that excite me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!