Weekend Fun


What a nice weekend we had! Sunday morning was spent at our Unitarian Universalist Congregation and the afternoon fun was divided between the Brookside Museum's Sheep to Shawl program and play time in the sandbox, in the sprinkler water, and under the pines in the backyard, taking quick naps (um, that was me). I spent the evening with a wonderful group of UU women discussing all kinds of things. I love my discussion group.


Yesterday I participated in a last-minute challenge hosted by the Lens, the photojournalistic blog of the New York Times. At 11 am our time, everyone across the globe with a camera was encouraged to take a photo and upload it to the Lens website. This week all of the photos will be online and sortable by location or subject. I took mine as we headed into the UU service, so I tagged mine with the subject "religion." All of the photographs will present a snapshot of the world at one specific moment in time.


Next week I'm participaing in Kids Clothes Week Challenge, hosted by Meg at elsiemarley.com.

You might say I like challenges!


Today I'm going to head into our almost-finished bedroom with my caulk gun to seal up some spaces between the wall and the trim. Then we're off to gymnastics, gymnastics, gymnastics, with a stop at the playground between classes. Hoping we'll get some rain here today, as our rain barrel is getting low. Those newly moved perennials need the cool, soaking drink that only Mother Nature can deliver.


Have a wonderful day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!