Good morning to you! I'm looking forward to seeing my grandmother today. She's my last living grandparent and she recently moved from her small group home for ambulatory older adults to a nursing home after a fall that has left her unable to get up and walk much. Ugh, a nursing home. I'm looking forward to spending some time with her this afternoon.


Here is some interesting info on the concept of "peak oil" and why we should even care about weaning ourselves off of it...

here is an article about how we're taking extreme measures to get the oil we're addicted to...

and here is an article by Michael Pollan about his experience with Polyface Farm and Joel Salatin and a glimpse at life outside the oil-based food system.

Enjoy your weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!