screaming vegetables!


Here is our current "available vegetables" list. There are four veggies that are practically screaming at me to use them while they're nice and fresh, so I decided to make them scream at me on the chalkboard, too. By the way, we actually call these our "slates" - the girls have a few to use too. Laura and Mary, of Little House on the Prairie used slates so of course, my girls do too!

If you're wondering why I write the current veggies on my kitchen slate, it's not because I want to feel like I live at a restaurant or at the farmer's market. It's because my refrigerator looks like this (see below) and I can't for the life of me remember what is in there and what needs to be used up.

Of course, this is all in addition to the items that are in our garden and also are begging to be harvested such as: mesculin, romaine, mustard greens and herbs of all sorts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!