Yesterday I asked the girls to take a nap in the afternoon so that we could go to a special concert at night and stay up late. They did nap, for a looonnnggg time. In the evening we headed out to SPAC for the Dave Matthews concert and sat on the lawn outside the gates (translation: free, but with no view of the stage, and the music is not so loud). We brought chairs, refreshments and lawn games and had a good time.


During their nap I had a chance to work on 'A's new sundress. She outgrew her favorite sundress from last summer, one that has ice cream cones printed all over it. She was so upset when I told her she can't wear it anymore, and to cheer her up I suggested we go to the fabric store and she can pick out the fabric for a new dress. She made a good choice, I think, and I'll post some photos as soon as I can.

Today we're going to work on mixing some manure into a new little flower plot for the girls, then we'll plant a sunflower "house" with a clover carpet, and to make it all look beautiful, we'll put in the 49 flower plants 'A' picked out yesterday as part of her birthday present. We're excited!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!