answers!


I figured out a few things today, which is good, because I don't care for mysteries all that much.

The first relates to 'A'. Every once in a while she goes through a phase of sorts where she is just so old all of a sudden, unaware of her new physical strength, or frustrated that she's still be treated by me and Jeff as just a 5 year old when really she's a 5 and a half year old. She gets antsy. I've figured out that when she acts like that, it's because she's "moved up" in life and I haven't readjusted my routine to reflect it appropriately. She's been asking me for a few days if she can help me around the house (she already does, but it's a spontaneous thing, nothing I expect on a regular basis) and today it came to me that she's ready to receive an allowance in return for the completion of some regular work. I never knew when I would be ready to give her an allowance or what the ground rules would look like, but I guess I now know. Jeff and I have to iron out the details, but I'm thinking about giving her 25 cents a week and she will be expected to make her bed and help me with the dishes and the laundry. I like the idea of 25 cents because I can give it to her in so many different forms (pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters... oh my!) and we can use it as a teaching aid. I think she's ready to have the reward and the responsibility together.


I also got some answers about why I am just so darn tired all the time. It's been getting increasingly worse and I'm now at the point where I wake up feeling tired and can close my eyes at any point during the day and fall right to sleep. That's not okay with me! My doctor suspects it's because my vitamin B-12 levels are low. I went off all my vitamins a few months ago to see if my diet alone could keep me healthy and it is, with the exception of B-12. I'm back to popping the pills, and anxious for my body to feel rested and energized again. I'm looking forward to staying awake to live my life.

Hey, one last thing: check out these people who just completed a year without producing garbage. Their site has loads of info about how to reduce, reduce, reduce our garbage output. We're still on one 13-gallon bag a week at our home but that is still too much! I can't wait to spend some time looking at their suggestions and thinking about how to implement it at our home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!