Today


Today we visited three libraries, had lunch, and picked up veggies at the farm. At library #1 the girls had their homeschool art class (the topic was Australian Aboriginal art); at library #2 the girls had storytime; and at library #3 a few books on medicinal herbs were waiting on hold for me. We bought plums at the farm and ate them for dessert, along with sweet, delicious, local cantaloupe melon. I canned some corn relish and have plans to make blueberry jam and plum preserves tomorrow. I've also got a number of zucchini that are begging for my attention. Not to mention my houseplants. They are parched.

I'm trying to build up my B-12 reserves super-fast so tonight I bought some eggs and made a quiche with swiss chard, sweet onions and zucchini, all from the farm. Mmmm! I don't eat quiche anymore but I do love it.

Here are some shots from our day.

















0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!