the geese are getting ready for their big trip


The day started out warm, then turned cooler. We had some of this (tomatoes ripening on the vine)...


...some of this (nasturtiums blooming in the garden)...


...time to enjoy this (dinner on the deck)...


...and at the same time, we had this (gold, orange and red leaves on the branches)...


...and this (leaves on the ground).

I am still having trouble easing into autumn. Today I had a very "grown up" moment (I thought it was!). I was outside and heard a flock of geese in the sky. I looked up and sure enough, they were in V formation, coming from the north, heading south. I normally would have thought, "there they go, leaving me here with this cold weather..." or some such pathetic thought. But today when I saw them, I thought, "Be well. Have a safe trip. It's a wonderful day for it. I'll be here, keeping this place safe for you while you're gone. I look forward to seeing you come back." That kind of thinking keeps me going and gives me purpose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!