We're back and settled in. 'A' LOVED "nature camp" (as she calls it). She ended up missing the last day because we fled the Cape as Hurricane Earl approached. Turns out, we didn't need to go so quickly because Earl was nothing but a strong storm. Better safe than sorry though, I say.

As 'A' plays outside now with her sister, it does not escape me that if she were to be entering kindergarten this fall, she would be readying her things for her first day tomorrow. I always knew that homeschooling her was the right choice for our family, but I wondered how I would actually feel when the first day of school rolled around. Now I know: I feel good. I feel comfortable and relaxed. I feel as though our decisions are the right ones for us. I feel as though this is going to work well.

This long weekend has been nothing short of fun for our family. We went kayaking on Saturday, to church and to the Southern Vermont Garlic & Herb Festival yesterday, and today, in addition to doing some much-needed cleaning and organizing, we went for a hike along some new paths near our home. We're all happily worn out.


Fall is coming whether I want it to or not. I see signs of it everywhere. Fallen leaves, cooler weather, fewer ripe tomatoes in the garden. I'm not ready. I'm never ready, and this time of year always finds me heading kicking and screaming toward the change of season. It'll be the same this year. Maybe I'll learn to find some peace as the autumnal equinox arrives this year. Maybe.


In the meantime, check out this tree, which I do believe is a secret, long lost work done by Picasso. This tree is looking at us!




1 comments:

Erika Says:

Wow, where is that path? It looks so cool. I'm in denial of Jack starting school. He is going tomorrow but since we leave the next day it just doesn't feel permanent.

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!