quiet time


I've declared this week to be "Quiet Week." Meaning, we are hunkering down and resting and nesting. We're attending as few scheduled activities as possible. No trips to the chiropractor for me. I need to give my body time to rest, relax and recuperate.

I have four goals for this week (a very small number by my standards):

Finish 'H's fairy Halloween costume (made with a LOT of tulle, something I promise never to do again!).

Stuff and deliver the Halloween bags the kids made at a UU church party to the domestic violence shelter. The kids at the shelter often don't go trick or treating for security reasons so we're giving them some treats that will make them feel special.

Make a plan to deal with all the food in our house (we have a 2 week overlap for our summer and fall CSAs, not to mention it's "harvest time" and that means we have so much food in our house right now: beets, carrots, onions, garlic, turnips, radishes, lettuces, bok choy, cabbage, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, herbs, potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes). My goodness!

Rest (can I count that as an action item?)


Once I finish my goals (is it possible to finish resting?), I have other goals, such as:

plant some garlic (it's late, isn't it?)

put the garden to bed

find my winter clothing in the attic, so I can stop wearing short sleeve t-shirts every day

investigate yoga classes around town


Looks like I have a serious case of winter/cold weather nesting and resting, folks. I'm excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!