Thursday


I'm very happy because today is the first day I've felt like myself in 3 weeks. The adjustments and the exercises I've done with the chiropractor have certainly helped; so did the cupping session I had on Tuesday. Making some physical adjustments has made me feel so much better. And so have the social & emotional adjustments. Earlier this week I wrapped up some things that were causing me various degrees of pressure and stress. Wow, does that feel good. Finally I have the time to relax and enjoy my children without thinking about the other things I should be doing instead. Finally I can laugh and live in the moment, and that feels so good.

I've been giving some thought to the mind-body connection. In my case, it's all too clear that the outside stresses were causing my body to be in pain. One of the things that has caused some tension in my life is something that in some ways seems so insignificant, but has actually been looming large: 'A's gymnastics class. She loves gymnastics, and I don't have a problem with her taking it. It's the time schedule. The class is once a week from 6 - 7 in the evening. That's our dinner time. I had no idea how protective I am about our family dinner hour until this class started. Dinner time is when we come together as a family and reconnect. We share information, stories, and love. We need that time together. In addition, I have been confused about when to serve dinner on those days. I don't want to serve 'A' a big meal right before her class, and I don't want to wait until we get home at 7:30 in the evening to serve dinner. When do we all eat?

The session ends next week and sign-ups for the next session happened the other day. Somehow I completely forgot to sign her up until it was too late. The class is full now, and she's not in it. Was it an accident that I forgot? I don't think so. I think my subconscious mind took over and said, "No!"

In the midst of all of this, I took 'H's in-progress Halloween costume out of my sewing bag and resumed work on it. While I was sewing my pain melted away. The key for me is to incorporate a little fun & creativity into every day. I need it to stay healthy & happy.

It's never too late to learn these lessons, now is it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!