Today


Today

Making:

Relief maps using newspaper, paste and paint. When they're finished, the girls will look at them from above and draw maps of their mountains with markers indicating elevation. I used this recipe for the paste:

Papier-Mache Paste

1 cup water
1/4 cup flour
5 cups lightly boiling water

Mix flour into 1 cup water until mixture is thin and runny.
Stir this mixture into lightly boiling water.
Gently boil and stir 2-3 minutes.
Cool before using.



Enjoying:

The beeswax candles the girls made using the Valentine kit from their grandma and grandpa.

The warmth of the stronger sun


Reading:

Maps and Mapping, by Deborah Chancellor

Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons (we're up to lesson 23, and my goodness, it works)

How to Manage Your Child's Life-Threatening Food Allergies by Linda Marienhoff Coss (I want to cry through this book, tears of relief. Finally I've found some guidance)

A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan


Finding inspiration for dinners from:

Mark Bittman (How to Cook Everything Vegetarian)
Nava Atlas & Lillian Kayte (Vegetarian Express)


Wanting to:

Send my children outside to play while I sit inside and read

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!