new earrings!


Every time we walk through the mall (which isn't that often), I ask 'A' and 'H' if they would like to have their ears pierced. They always say no, and I tell them that if they want to pierce their ears, it will be their decision. I'm just here to support them.

Today we were at the mall while my car was on the lift to receive new tires. I asked about the earrings and 'A', to my great surprise, said YES. She wanted to have her ears pierced! Between telling me YES and having her ears actually pierced she did waver a bit and I told her it was her decision to make. She went through with it. I'm proud of her for making the decision when the time was right.

After the earrings were in, she went into what I can only classify as "earring hysteria." Suddenly all of the earrings in the store were new and exciting and she wanted to look at every one. And she brought the excitement home with her, peeking in the mirror at her new look when she got the chance. The big question is, will she sleep tonight? Or will she keep popping out of bed to see the new sparkling gems?

I love my new tires, by the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!