Busy little elves

The girls and I have been as busy as elves this week. We've been knitting, sewing, baking, cooking and crafting. Even though most all of our craft supplies are packed away, awaiting the big move to our new home, we've been resourceful and found ways to be creative and have some fun. For Hanukkah Jeff and I gave them each supplies to learn a new craft: 'A' received knitting needles and some yarn, and 'H' received a plastic grid, craft thread and embroidery needles so that she can learn how to sew. Both are taking to it very well and love to sit and do their "work." I am thrilled.

So this is what it feels like to be emotionally alive again! I've been unhappy for eight long months. Now that our moving date is five short weeks away, I'm starting to come out of my funk. I'm excited to set up our craft room in our new home, and know that all the tools, paint, crayons, fabric, yarn and glue will be a reach away. A new life. A fresh start for all of us. It's just what we need.

The girls can sense my emerging happiness, I can tell. They are so cute, so playful, so loving, so thoughtful, so responsible lately. A pure delight to spend time with! We are looking forward to seeing friends on Christmas Eve and relatives on Christmas Day. I wish you a very happy holiday season and I'll see you back here soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!