I found Pinterest!


:: I received so many wonderful gifts this year, including this jar of home-roasted, fairly traded coffee beans from Chris ::

I posted yesterday about wanting a better way to organize my recipes and my plans to develop an online site for them. I've needed a similar system to organize my online homeschooling resources. I find so many great links on the internet, but as soon as I bookmark them and move on to the next page, I may as well have forgotten about it completely. Browser "favorites" folders are not very user friendly or intuitive. I wanted to be able to see all of my links in one place and go back to them with one simple click.

Recently I was invited to join Pinterest and I when I saw it in action, I thought, "this could be the answer!" Using Pinterest to organize the pages I like makes so much sense. I sat down tonight and went through my bookmarks, "pinning" some to my Pinterest board. Not everything can be pinned - only pages that have a large image on them can be pinned. This leaves out fantastic links like this one for the Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute curriculum on Colonial family life, to name just one. Overall though, I think it will work for me. I'll have to test it out over the next few months and make a final decision.

Follow Me on Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!