I'm at the Cape


I'm at the Cape for a few days visiting my mom and Dick, and then I head to my dad's house in Rhode Island to see him and Marilyn and Grandma Millicent.


I've taken so many photos since I got here, and I actually ran out of hard drive space as I was taking them off of my camera card (Don't tell Jeff, he will not approve. I need to spend more time backing up my hard drive!). I have been so busy wiping off little noses. 'H' has had the most interesting green stuff running down for a few days now. Honestly, it's almost like a science experiment erupted in her head.

I'm always hyper-vigilant about ear infections because I have always gotten them and also, although it makes no sense at all, my mother's deafness makes me overly concerned about matters of the ear. In the winter I hydrate, hydrate, hydrate the girls and I put 'H' to bed every night with a cup of water so that she'll get hydrated and flush out all of her germs. I'm crossing my fingers that she'll be okay when she wakes up tomorrow morning. This afternoon, her green science experiment stopped and a fever took its place. If she does get one, it will be infection #2 for her in almost 2 years, (I think) so I guess that's not a bad track record.


Here is Grandpa Dick with the road grader. He keeps the road all nice-nice. You should have seen how bumpy it used to be (years ago) before he started smoothing it all out. He puts a lot of work into keeping the neighborhood looking good.


It's not very warm here, considering there isn't any snow left on the ground. We get out to play every day, but oh boy, the wind goes right through you.


One of my assigned projects this weekend is putting together the scrapbook of our wedding. My mother saved all this stuff and says she can't move on and enjoy Emily's wedding if my scrapbook isn't finished, so she handed it all over and told me to have fun. I hate scrapbooking! I did a few pages and got "too tired" to finish.

Speaking of "too tired" to finish things, I am happy to report that 'A' did indeed finish writing her name on all of her class valentine cards, and just as impressive was my work at writing "Roses are red, violets are blue, candy is sweet, but not as sweet as you" on each one. Try writing that 14 times in a row! As Jeff says, at least next year we won't have to write it so many times.


One of the neat things about coming here with my kids is watching them play with my old toys. We had very few toys growing up, but we had a ton of imagination and that kept us very entertained. Remember these Fisher Price little people?


They don't make this kind anymore. The green man on the left is actually made of wood, as are several others in our collection.


Enjoy your night - I'll tell you about my night at the symphony tomorrow! Yes, I went out and had a Grown-up good time!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!