
I have a lot of things to be happy about today. First, I am ALMOST done with the website I have been working on and I am so happy about it. Happy, because it's been taking up a lot of my time and energy, and also because I am really proud of myself for plunging head-first into a new technology and making it work.
Second, I am happy because it's a great time of year to sit back and appreciate our yard and our house. Jeff is almost done painting the family room and today we put things back on the walls and filled up the bookcase. It's looking really nice!

I will tell you this: if I take on any more work, I am going to do 2 things differently. I am getting regular child care for my kids; and I am going to write in C#, not VB. I went with VB for this project because I've been doing sites with ASP in vbscript and VB for a few years and it seemed like a natural transition, but after I started, I realized that everyone is writing in C#. I think I can pick it up OK - years ago, when I first started to think that I might like programming, I took classes at UConn and learned C++. It seems like C# is similar to C++, and it also seems similar to java, which is what I used to build the US Computer Connection shopping cart (although now I would never build a cart in java, or anything else in java for that matter). These past few weeks, I have been a little crazy about the fact that all of the help on the web for .NET applications is in C#, not VB.

It's raining now, so we are staying inside this afternoon and we are going to hang up the *new* mirror in 'A's room and move her mirror to 'H's room. This new mirror was actually a frameless one that was in our bathroom, and when we replaced it with a nicer one, my stepfather took me to the hardware store to pick out some moulding so we could make a frame for it and hang it in 'A's room. It's a wonderful $17 framed mirror! After we hang it, I'll paint it and it will look great. It's heavy - 50 lbs. - so Jeff gets to do the majority of the work.
Have a great weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment