
Jeff got his xray results back and he didn't "break his butt" as I had thought. In fact, nothing is broken, which is great news. The only reason I thought he might have is because he fell a while back on his rear and he thinks the pain is related to the fall. He's setting up physical therapy and hopefully it'll help. Everytime I think about him breaking his butt, I can't help but think about that posting from Craigslist - "Broken Assed Girl." It was posted several years ago, back when Craigslist was just a shadow of what it is now. It was smaller then, easier to navigate. Anyway, I used to get a kick out of reading the "Best of Craigslist" posts. One of them has stuck in my mind all this time, and for some reason I find it to be so funny. If you want to check it out, here is the link: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/7219168.html
I'm tired. I got the house back in shape today after a very busy week last week, and now all I want to do is sleep. 'A' is sick tonight and we're pretty sure she's having a reaction to the shots she got at her 4-year check up the other day. She's had a fever all day and it rose tonight. I don't have a thermometer and most of the time I don't want one, but tonight for a second I did want one. The paperwork for the vaccine said that I should worry if she develops a fever of 105 or above. Now I know that her fever tonight wasn't that high, but a little voice wondered what it was and wished I had a thermometer so I would know.
Here's my secret formula for determining illness without a thermometer:
1) warm forehead + whining + running around and playing = not really that sick
2) warm/hot forehead + whining + playing while whining about feeling bad = sick, but not that sick
3) warm/hot forehead + laying on the floor and not moving or whining at all = really sick
Today 'A' was at the #2 level. And tomorrow is a new day.







0 comments:
Post a Comment