oh my....



When my older sister, Jennifer, asked me a while back to take her 7 year old daughter for a few days, I said, "of course I will!" I can't imagine saying no to such a simple request. "After all," I told her, "it's not like I need to alter much of my routine. I am already taking care of children all day long. She should fit right in."

Fast forward 8 days later, and I am beat. Not because of Nanette. It's because of 'A's and 'H's reaction to Nanette. They love her. They are crazy about her. The first few nights, 'H' refused to sleep, and stood at the edge of her crib, pointing to her door, saying, "Nette.... Nette.... Nette..." 'A' spent the first several days wound up, and she ran around and around. Finally, 2 days ago, I watched them settle in to the routine. In the afternoon, 'A' and Nanette each took a couch and made it into their "room," and they talked on their pretend phones to each other. It reminded me of my playtime with my sisters, way back when. "Just like sisters," I thought! Sure enough, 2 minutes later, they were really acting like sisters. They were arguing. Nanette sent 'A' to the principal's office for bad behavior.




We've done a lot of playing this past week. As I expected, my "To-Do & General Life Business" pile has gotten a little out of control due to lack of upkeep. My only complaint about my life is that I don't have enough time to keep up with everything. I guess it's good that my life is full and I have a lot to keep up with!



On Tuesday I bring Nanette back home and I am dropping 'A' off with her. Jennifer is taking them to my dad's house that night and I am meeting them there on Friday night. It's the annual beach party weekend for my dad's development and we all make a big effort to keep our calendar clear so we can attend. In years past, one of the residents funded a spectacular fireworks display and we all loved it. This year he's not doing it, so we'll have a day at the beach, followed by the potluck dinner and BBQ on the beach with family games, and unfortunately, no fireworks.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!