I don't have any photos, but this post is too funny to pass up. I got 'H's evaluation report in the mail today. It's a detailed write-up about what happened during the meeting and what they think of her. Here's the line that just cracks me up:
regarding her walking and gross motor skills -
"Discussion and demonstration occurred of strategies to work with personality characteristics that appear to be interfering with her motivation to walk independently."
Nice way to say: she's a stubborn girl and doesn't want to do things until her needs are met sufficiently
On a completely separate note, did any of you see the speeches by Bill Clinton and Barack Obama? I thought both were fantastic. I have been swooning over Bill for years now and I truly believe that he is one of the most well-spoken, intelligent public figures we have today. His grasp of current events and facts is just amazing. OK, I am done telling you all how much I love him...
Until last night, I wasn't a fan of Obama. I supported him only because the alternative is too scary to deal with. I referred to him as the "12 year old president." I couldn't understand why women cried when he spoke. But that all changed last night. I liked what he said and how he said it. I think he offers something that the democrats have lacked for what seems an eternity - hope, inspiration, and more importantly, he is positioning himself as an inspirational figurehead, a father-figure who wants to unite Americans and inspire us. I just love it. I love him. I wasn't a fan before, but I definitely am now.
OK, let's be completely honest here... if Bill didn't stand up the day before and remind us that he was even younger when he was elected, I wouldn't have made the switch from "12-year-old..." to "perfectly capable..." Whatever Bill says, I do. gosh, I just love him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Mama Jillian
- My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!
0 comments:
Post a Comment