
Today we went to the library...

and to the grocery store...

and then got ready for bed...

I'm not happy with what I heard last night from each candidate regarding how they are viewed by the men and women in our military. John McCain thinks of himself as Johnny Soldier, the one who understands what our troops are really going through, the one who truly supports them. But in reality, the troops who are serving now are supporting Barack Obama in large numbers and older veterans, who may have once supported McCain, are finding themselves backing Obama because his track record for supporting veterans is far superior to McCain's. Vets for Obama is one organized group that speaks out against McCain. And you can see Paul Rieckhoff of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America talk about it here: www.bravenewfilms.org/blog/51567-paul-rieckhoff-on-mccain-s-hypocrisy-toward-vets.
We need to spend a little more time listening to the people who serve and have served in our military. In this day and age, most everyone is close to someone with military ties. I think it's a bigger deal than we are making it.

On another note, I predict that Palin will "resign" from the campaign (be forced out) by late Tuesday or early Wednesday and a new VP candidate will have the pleasure of debating Biden on Thursday.
If that doesn't happen, then something else extraordinary will have to happen to keep Palin out of the debate. They can't risk having her go in.
Did you happen to catch the Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC a few days ago? Keith Olbermann talked about the McCain strategy and how they are hoping for a win by doing one outrageous thing after another.

Every once in a while I get completely sucked into politics and current affairs. It's a guilty pleasure.
0 comments:
Post a Comment